Take the chill out of the winter the handmade way—by knitting yourself a cozy sweater. This DMC pattern leaflet, with its easy to follow steps, ensures you will be staying warm and looking stylish. The results will also make a thoughtful gift. Measurements include sizes small, medium, and large (to fit chest: 40”, 42”, and 44”). Yarn not included.
We recommend using Woolly yarn with this pattern. Woolly is recognized as the best wool in the world. It’s natural, renewable, and features long, thin fibers giving it superior softness and comfort. It is also considered an “active fiber,” meaning it responds to changes in body temperature—retaining heat when it’s cold and keeping cool when it’s hot.
- Level: Intermediate
- Yarn: DMC Woolly 50gm balls
- Balls of yarn per age:
- Small = 16 (10 in shade 075, 4 in shade 053, 2 in shade 113)
- Medium = 16 (10 in shade 075, 4 in shade 053, 2 in shade 113)
- Large = 16 (10 in shade 075, 4 in shade 053, 2 in shade 113)
- Needles: A pair of 4mm (UK 8/US 6) knitting needles and a pair of 4.5mm (UK 7/US 7) knitting needles
- You need: stitch holders, a zip (for correct length, measure the front opening when sweater has been completed), sewing thread, sharp needle, yarn needle to darn ends