You know I Love You. I'll always be True, so please love me do. Happy Valentine's Day! Get the free DIY project sheet below. Make it for your loved one, and share it by tagging us on Instagram at CommonthreadUSA.
1. Print the “Love Me Do” template. It should be
smaller than your board or plaque.
2. Position the template on the wood base and secure
with double-sided tape.
3. Use the hammer to tap the nails into the wood
through the paper template, spacing them evenly
along the border of your design. Hold the nails in
place with needle nose pliers to protect your fingers.
Hammer to a uniform depth.
4. Remove the paper template. Use tweezers or
needle nosed pliers to remove any small pieces of
paper or tape that remain between the nails.
5. Knot the DMC Embroidery Floss to any nail and
begin wrapping the thread in a zigzag pattern. Wrap
the thread sparingly to show more of the base or
wrap in several layers to create a more solid color.
6. When you finish the first color area, tie the floss in
an overhand knot around the last nail and add a drop
of glue to secure and prevent unraveling.
7. Repeat the process for all colors and areas.
8. Display proudly
Happy Valentines Day!
Love and Threads
The Commonthread Team