We’ve got a colorful DIY pattern that promises to pop you right out of your white-wall-doldrums. This embroidery project utilizes negative space to create its animal design. While the animal itself is blank, its outline is jam-packed with bright, robust flowers and foliage. The red and pink hues make this colorful DIY pattern a necessary accessory for any dull room. The color palette, as seen in the instructions below, is extensive. It ensures that this décor piece, though only 7-inches, is mighty in its effect. Brighten up your room and your life with this lively design.
Now all you have to do is decide which room to hang it in!
The pattern is available for download below.
EMBROIDERED ANIMAL HOOP INSTRUCTIONS
- cotton fabric
- embroidery scissors
- DMC embroidery needle size 5
- Embroidery hoop 7”
- Embroidery transfer pen
- DMC embroidery floss 352
- DMC embroidery floss 745
- DMC embroidery floss 725
- DMC embroidery floss 3827
- DMC embroidery floss 818
- DMC embroidery floss 722
- DMC embroidery floss 957
- DMC embroidery floss 919
- DMC embroidery floss 3712
- DMC embroidery floss 754
- DMC embroidery floss 778
- DMC embroidery floss 3822
Transfer the design to the fabric.
- Place the fabric in the embroidery hoop and tighten.
- Embroider the design following the pattern using 2 strands of DMC embroidery floss.
- Make sure your fabric is nice and taut.
- Trim the fabric down to about 1/4” to 1/2” from the hoop. While you are cutting just press the fabric down over the edge of the hoop.
- Glue the edges of the fabric onto the back of the hoop.
- Now your hoop is ready to be displayed.
Love & Threads,
The DMC Team