Cross Stitch Skeletons
Take a break from creating your child’s DIY fire engine costume and treat yourself to this adorably spooky cross stitch Halloween decoration. It features two dancing skeletons that are stitched using DMC Light Effects embroidery thread. This polyester floss ups the cross stitch ante with its luminous metallic quality. It’ll give the skeletons a cool glowing dimension, perfect for Halloween. So walk right past the Halloween decoration aisle at the store and use your talents instead. We promise you’ll still have plenty of time to get back to that fire engine.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CROSS STITCH HALLOWEEN SKELETONS
- Aida fabric
- DMC embroidery scissors
- DMC cross stitch needle size 24
- DMC Light Effects embroidery thread E967
- DMC Light Effects embroidery thread E5200
- DMC 7" Round White 2-in-1 Embroidery Hoop
Using two strands of DMC Light Effects embroidery thread, embroider the skeletons design following the cross stitch chart.
- Place the fabric into the hoop. Note: Make sure your fabric is nice and taut.
- Trim the fabric down to about 1/4” to 1/2” from the hoop. Note: While you are cutting, just press the fabric down over the edge of the hoop.
- Glue the edges of the fabric onto the back of the hoop.
- Now your hoop is ready to be displayed!
Love and Threads,
The Commonthread by DMC Team